As an educator, you teach your students to strive for excellence, pursue their interests and to be safe and responsible citizens. Operation Lifesaver has developed classroom lessons teaching safety around highway-rail grade crossings and railroad tracks. Your students will take critical information they learn from you into their future; Operation Lifesaver wants to help you make sure their future is a safe one.
Operation Lifesaver has developed a CD, "Operation Lifesaver in the Classroom", that is exclusively for educators. Some of the features of the CD are:
For more information and an opportunity to have your ideas/lessons included in updates each July, visit our national web site at: www.oli.org.
- K-12 Math/Science and Language Arts lesson featuring Rail Safety information
- Measurable Assessments for each lesson
- National Academic Content Standards
- Higher Order Thinking questions
- Rail Safety lessons for Driver Education
- Hands-on Science experiments for selected grades
- Articles for classroom newsletters
- Bulletin board ideas
- And many more time savers for teachers